clock icon All Day
pin icon Peabody Base Area


Dear BodeFest Registrants,

As you can imagine, the last 48 hours have been tumultuous and ever changing.

The Turtle Ridge Foundation Board of Directors and partners at Cannon Mountain held an emergency meeting this afternoon to discuss our plan for upcoming fundraising events in light of the growing concerns over COVID-19.

This comes after the following communication from US Ski and Snowboard Association which was sent out earlier this week. “Due to the ongoing concerns in the United States and Canada regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), U.S. Ski & Snowboard is cancelling all sanctioned and scheduled events beginning Monday, March 16. This includes all club-level events for all disciplines and any unnecessary gatherings, including banquets, awards, and end of season presentations, etc.”

As US Ski and Snowboard makes it clear, they are mandating the cancellation of all their gatherings. Although USSA is not our governing body, we strongly feel it is our responsibility to follow suit with protocol, for the greater good of world health and cancel our fundraising event, which in our case includes BodeFest Ski Challenge scheduled for Saturday March 21, 2020.

Out of an abundance of caution, BodeFest Ski Challenge 2020 has now been cancelled, this was not an easy decision to make but the TRF Board was in complete agreement and Cannon Mountain recognized the complexity of this situation and concurred with our decision. This decision was made to safeguard the health of all of our donors, athletes, staff, supporters and participants as well as everyone they go home to.

Stay tuned as you can look forward to further communication regarding the opportunity to make online donations and participate in an online auction to support Turtle Ridge Foundation and the Adaptive Sports Partners of the North Country’s Equipment Fund.

The BodeFest Ski Challenge is our primary fundraising event of the year which has brought in nearly a third of our annual income. The majority of the funds raised each spring for the past 15 years at BodeFest have gone directly to supporting local adaptive and youth sports programs, allowing them to grow exponentially, purchase additional equipment and enhance their year-round programs. This would not have possible without the dedicated support we receive from all of you!

That said, on behalf of the Turtle Ridge Foundation, we apologize for the cancellation, especially to those of you who have already made travel and accommodation plans. Unfortunately, these circumstances were beyond our control, but we intend to make next year's events even more spectacular, we hope you can join us then.

While this is a somber reality, it is by no means, is the end of the ski season. We encourage those of you who feel safe doing so, to take advantage of the remaining days by free-skiing or just playing outdoors with your friends and families. Cannon is currently scheduled to remain open until April 12th, with plenty of spring days ahead of us.

Many thanks to our sponsors, staff, volunteers and participants who were ready to make BodeFest happen! Cannon Mountain, Sport Thoma, Phoenix Timing, World Cup Supply, Franconia Ski Club, Chutters Candy Shop, Aztech, Ryan Welch, POC, Bomber Skis. We could not have done it without you! May you all be well and we look forward to next year!

We understand and appreciate the monetary commitment you have made to attend BodeFest' 2020. This registration fee has been processed online and will be sent directly to Turtle Ridge Foundation. However, if this contribution is a financial hardship, please contact Kyla Miller, Chief Operating Director TRF, Kyla Miller with any questions or concerns.


The Turtle Ridge Foundation & Cannon Mountain